Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- Ensure that the operating systems that the app servers run on are supported per the supported environments matrix. The major versions generally must match (e.g. Linux 5.x, 6.x, etc) but the point versions generally don't need to
- Ensure that developers can log in over SSH or Telnet to view log files. Even a browser-based tool is fine
- Ensure that monitoring is enabled and that the right people receive the right alerts
- Ensure the LANG and LC_* settings are correct - usually en_US.UTF-8. To check this, try running "locale"
- If a Linux-based OS, make sure that SELINUX=disabled. If it is in permissive, it can add a 10-15% overhead on IO. This is especially harmful if using a VM.